Sunday, July 3, 2011

Where were you last July 4th?

As July 4th falls upon us, I find myself reflecting on where I was last year at this time I don't mean literally speaking.  Of course I remember where I was physically I went to a local arts festival with a friend of mine.  But what I am really reflecting on is where I was figuratively speakingwhere was I on my life's path.  My path to...well I don't know where exactly yet but get what I'm saying?

It's funny how certain events make us reflect upon a year gone by and what we've done or didn't doI always reflect on my birthday, Christmas, and I guess now on July 4th too.

Last year at this time I was at an arts festival with my friend and then we stopped for dinner.  I was telling her how ready I was to find my next steps in life and maybe if I started speaking with other women- and blogging about it- I would discover something more about myself or learn something from their path to success and maybe my blog would encourage other women to push forward toward their goals or maybe to even make a goal.  It was just a thought then.

Well a year has passed and I woke up today with the strange thought that I am actually doing the very thing I was talking about a year ago.  Of course in my mind it's not moving fast enough but reflecting back a year ago, I am one step closer toward..... well what I don't know.  But at least I have started down some path.

Where were you last July 4th?  What goal or vision were you talking about?  Have you done anything this past year to bring you closer to reaching your goal?  If you answered yes, that is great!  Keep moving forward so you can look back next year at this time and see how far you've come.  If you answered no then what are you waiting for?  If you don't get moving toward your goal then you will be looking back next July 4th realizing you are in the same position as you are right now.  Get moving!

I had a great conversation this week with a very inspiring, accomplished womanand wow did she have a lot of wisdom to share! I can't wait to share it with you.  Check back tomorrow as I will post Conversation #6. 

Happy July 4th.  Get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment